Production Supervisor (1st shift)
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the Production Supervisor ensures the production of company products at the highest quality at the lowest possible cost, meeting company performance standards and customer specifications and delivery requirements, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
TLX Technologies is a highly technical, globally minded engineering organization that focuses on solving application challenges and offering excellent solutions to our customers. We provide custom electromechanical solutions to customers in a variety of industries - automotive, off-highway, motorsports, & fire protection. While working with customers with many diverse applications, TLX Technologies focuses on industries that are forward-thinking and innovative.
- All full-time employees are eligible for company sponsored benefits after completing the probationary period.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with generous company match
- Company paid Disability Insurance and Term Life coverage
- Paid Holidays and Time off
- Paid Funeral, Jury Duty and Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
TLX Technologies purposefully hires people with diverse backgrounds and skill sets to form a cohesive team working together to deliver the best solutions for our customers. Honesty, openness, and respect towards each other provides a culture where employees can learn and grow.
We Support Our Community
TLX actively supports the community that we work in. Through employee participation, item donation drives and financial contributions, TLX is able to give back to employee nominated charitable organizations.
We Make Time for Fun
A variety of company-sponsored events and downtime are scheduled throughout the year to give employees a chance to unwind and connect. We strongly believe that a proper work/life balance is essential to a healthy work environment.
We Recognize and Reward
TLX employees are recognized for their hard work and contributions. Employees are encouraged to take ownership of their ideas – from design and process improvements to individual goals and community outreach.
We Engage the Next Generation
We love opening our doors for school tours, college interns, and scholarship recipients. Interns expand their skills while tackling meaningful projects alongside our skilled employees. TLX also funds scholarships to encourage students pursuing careers in engineering or manufacturing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
All employees at TLX work to satisfy the customer. Each department has expected core responsibilities, but these responsibilities do not define us. Rather, they simply provide a starting point where we work to satisfy the customer, continuously improve ourselves, others and the organization.
- Plan, schedule, delegate and directly supervise production equipment, staff and processes to meet company performance standards.
- Ensure new and ongoing training and adherence related to the processes and methods required to achieve the company’s standards for quality, quantity, and safety.
- Act as a technical resource to assist in resolving work problems.
- Ensure the completion of all required production paperwork, records, documentation, such as timecards, quality records, etc.
- Maintain communication between management and employees to ensure that expectations are understood and followed; Provide guidance on staffing, training, employee relations and performance management to develop and enhance the production team.
- Continually evaluate processes and methods; collaborate with cross-functional leaders to support continuous improvement initiatives to drive operational excellence.
- All other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma/GED
- Mechanical aptitude
- Proficient MS Office experience including Excel
- Leadership experience - organizing and assigning tasks and holding team members accountable
- Assembly knowledge (experience preferred)
- Integrated Systems knowledge (experience preferred)
- LEAN and Six Sigma principals and practice (preferred)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and reach above shoulders. The incumbent will regularly sit and move from place to place and will frequently talk and listen and use hands to finger, handle or touch. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee works in a production environment where the noise level is moderate. Often, times the employee will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment such as safety glasses, gloves, steel toed shoes, and/or hearing protection.
Do you possess the following skills that will make you excel in this role?
- Thrive in an autonomous environment including taking ownership of work
- Have a high sense of urgency to be able to react quickly and communicate immediately
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems; then drive to completion
- Possess strong verbal and written skills, in both a technical and non-technical environment
- Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Keep calm under pressure, know when to escalate and communicate
- Team builder- motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job