Production Line Lead (1st Shift)
TLX Technologies is a highly technical, globally minded engineering organization that focuses on solving application challenges and offering excellent solutions to our customers. We provide custom electromechanical solutions to customers in a variety of industries - automotive, off-highway, motorsports, & fire protection. While working with customers with many diverse applications, TLX Technologies focuses on industries that are forward-thinking and innovative.
Under the supervision of the Production Supervisor, the Production Lead shall be responsible for the daily management of the assigned production area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
All employees at TLX work to satisfy the customer. Each department has expected core responsibilities, but these responsibilities do not define us. Rather, they simply provide a starting point where we work to satisfy the customer, continuously improve ourselves, others and the organization.
- Understand safety requirements and apply them to training associates, procedures/processes, and daily management of associates
- Understand quality requirements and apply them to training associates, procedures/processes, and daily management of associates
- Understand run-rate requirements and work to ensure that training of associates, procedures/processes, and daily management of associates align with the stated rates
- Be main point of contact and proactively work with Manufacturing, Engineering, Maintenance, Quality, Procurement, etc., to satisfy stated run-rates
- Help create and maintain processes to identify and drive improvement activities in all areas (Manufacturing, Maintenance, Quality, Procurement, etc.)
- Train (and maintain) associates under your responsibility and maintain the training logs and any associated documentation
- Be part of the build process when necessary
- Check schedule daily and understand a minimum of the 5-day demand (may be longer for different areas), and plan accordingly (human resources, inventory levels, etc.)
- Understand and maintain state productivity levels (labor hours required for desired rate) and react accordingly
- Ensure that all associates clock-in and -out of jobs correctly
- Support GEMBA walks
- Perform weekly 5S audits and associated actions
- Elevate issues that are not being addressed
- Consistent and timely use of accountability tools
- Follows policies and procedures according to TLX's Quality Management System
- Portray TLX in a positive light
- All other duties as assigned
Production Lead I
- Applying a positive attitude to situations.
- Having a high sense of urgency (ex. Quality issues, procurement, maintenance, etc. You need to react quickly and communicate immediately.)
- Responsible (demonstrate that others can trust you)
- Demonstrates that you can be part of the solution (both technical and behaviorally)
- Have sufficient technical knowledge to manage (set-up, make adjustments if required, troubleshoot before calling for support) stand-alone pieces of equipment
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GHED
- Mechanical aptitude
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Some assembly experience required
Production Lead II
- Leading by example in attitude, words and actions
- Proactive on tasks (looking for solutions and not waiting , constantly pushing forward)
- Good verbal and written skills, in both a technical and non-technical environment
- Higher level of drive to ensure the success of more complex/integrated equipment
- Have sufficient technical knowledge to manage (set-up, make adjustments if required, troubleshoot before calling for support) integrated systems (robots and/or complex machines)
Education and/or Experience
- Some integrated systems experience
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and standard documentation. Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, co-workers, customers, vendors and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and reach above shoulders. The incumbent will regularly sit and move from place to place, and will frequently talk and listen and use hands to finger, handle or touch. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee works in a production environment where the noise level is moderate. Often times, the employee will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment such as safety glasses, gloves, and/or hearing protection.
All full time employees are eligible for company sponsored benefits after completing the probationary period.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Personal Time
- Group term life coverage
- Funeral, Jury Duty and Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
Pre-employment screening is required which includes but is not limited to background check, drug screen, and e-verify.