Production Line Lead (1st Shift)
Do you want to take your assembly skills to the next level? Do you want to inspire others to overcome obstacles and create results? Do others view you as a leader?
TLX Technologies is seeking a strong technical working Production Line Lead. Under the direction of the Production Supervisor, ensures the production of company products at the highest quality at the lowest possible cost, meeting company performance standards and customer specifications and delivery requirements, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
1st shift: 5:45am-2:15pm
TLX Technologies is a highly technical, globally minded engineering organization that focuses on solving application challenges and offering excellent solutions to our customers. We provide custom electromechanical solutions to customers in a variety of industries - automotive, off-highway, motorsports, & fire protection. While working with customers with many diverse applications, TLX Technologies focuses on industries that are forward-thinking and innovative.
All full-time employees are eligible for company sponsored benefits after completing the probationary period.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K with generous company match
- Company paid Disability Insurance and Term Life
- Paid Holidays and Time off
- Paid Funeral, Jury Duty and Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption Assistance
TLX Technologies purposefully hires people with diverse backgrounds and skill sets to form a cohesive team working together to deliver the best solutions for our customers. Honesty, openness, and respect towards each other provides a culture where employees can learn and grow.
- We Make Time for Fun
A variety of company-sponsored events and downtime are scheduled throughout the year to give employees a chance to unwind and connect. We strongly believe that a proper work/life balance is essential to a healthy work environment.
- We Recognize and Reward
TLX employees are recognized for their hard work and contributions. Employees are encouraged to take ownership of their ideas – from design and process improvements to individual goals and community outreach.
- We Engage the Next Generation
We love opening our doors for school tours, college interns, and scholarship recipients. Interns expand their skills while tackling meaningful projects alongside our skilled employees. TLX also funds scholarships to encourage students pursuing careers in engineering or manufacturing.
- We Support Our Community
TLX actively supports the community that we work in. Through employee participation, item donation drives and financial contributions, TLX is able to give back to employee nominated charitable organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
All employees at TLX work to satisfy the customer. Each department has expected core responsibilities, but these responsibilities do not define us. Rather, they simply provide a starting point where we work to satisfy the customer, continuously improve ourselves, others and the organization.
- Understand safety requirements and apply them to training associates, procedures/processes, and daily management of associates
- Understand quality requirements and apply them to training associates, procedures/processes, and daily management of associates
- Understand run-rate requirements and work to ensure that training of associates, procedures/processes, and daily management of associates align with the stated rates.
- Be the main point of contact for assigned production area and proactively work with Mfg Engineering, Maintenance, Quality, Procurement, etc., to satisfy stated run-rates
- Help create and maintain processes to identify and drive improvement activities in all areas (Mfg, Maintenance, Quality, Procurement, etc.)
- Train (and maintain) associates under your responsibility and maintain the training logs and any associated documentation
- Be part of the build process when necessary
- Check schedule daily, understand a minimum of the 5-day demand (may be longer for different areas), and plan accordingly (human resources, inventory levels, etc.)
- Understand and maintain stated productivity levels (labor hours required for the desired rate) and react accordingly
- Ensure that all associates clock in and –out of jobs correctly
- Support GEMBA walks
- Perform weekly 5S audits and associated actions
- Elevate issues that are not being addressed
- Consistent and timely use of accountability tools
- This position is a working Production Line Lead.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School degree or GED
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Some assembly experience
- Applying a positive attitude to situations
- Having a high sense of urgency (ex. Quality issues, procurement, maintenance, etc.); reacting quickly and communicating immediately
- Responsible (demonstrate that others can trust you)
- Demonstrates that he/she can be part of a solution (both technical and behaviorally)
- Troubleshooting/Problem Solving: Ability to define problems and establish facts; ability to assist to define the root cause of issue starting to use problem-solving tools including behavioral opportunities; leads team
- Communication: Demonstrates proactive communication in terms of meeting behavioral and line goals
- Delegation: Ability to lead team (line); assigns tasks based on line-level activity
- Work Focus: Shift level work; line process improvements; identifies line needs in terms of people and material resources; focused on daily goals+
- Coaches line contributors (technical, process, and behavioral); holds themselves and the team accountable
- Difficult conversations: Ability to manage/facilitate but may require assistance; identify stakeholders
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and reach above shoulders. The incumbent will regularly sit and move from place to place and will frequently talk and listen and use hands to finger, handle or touch. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee works in a production environment where the noise level is moderate. Often, the employee will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment such as safety glasses, gloves, and/or hearing protection.