Manufacturing Engineering Technician
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
All employees at TLX work to satisfy the customer. Each department has expected core responsibilities, but these
responsibilities do not define us. Rather, they simply provide a starting point where we work to satisfy the
customer, continuously improve ourselves, others, and the organization.
• Supports Manufacturing in all engineering activities; design reviews, procurement planning, DFM, etc.
• Designs, develops, and tests various assembly/test equipment, processes, tools, and machinery with the goal
of reducing costs, improving quality and/or improving efficiencies.
• Supports both new designs and current production
• Responsible for Design for Manufacturability
• Assists in new production launches and changes to existing production processes (Production Plan)
• Responsible for the creation of Process Flow, PFMEA, Work Instructions, Control Plan, and other documents,
all consistent with industry standards. Participates in other team documentation processes as requested.
• Participates in Prototype builds and leads PV builds
• Responsible/participates in the ECO process; takes ownership and drives to completion when tasked
• Ability to travel to customers and vendors as required
• Follows policies and procedures according to TLX’s Quality Management System.
• All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must have potential to advance to Manufacturing Engineer
• Proactive on tasks (looking for solutions and not waiting, constantly pushing forward)
• Responsible (demonstrate that others can trust you)
• Demonstrates that he/she can be part of a solution (both technical and behaviorally)
• Good verbal and written skills, in both a technical and non-technical environment
• Good mechanical aptitude
• Ability to design equipment/processes with input from others on lessons learned / best practices.
• Understands and utilizes all applicable TLX process and procedures
Education and/or Experience:
• Formal Technical Program/Associate Degree with a focus in manufacturing/engineering and 2 years of related experience or combination of education and work experience.
• Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Suite of products including Excel and Project
• Experience with DFMEA, PFMEA, DOE and other AIAG procedures preferred
• Demonstrated knowledge of Solid Works or other 3D Modeling software preferred
• Working knowledge of Phase/Gate Process, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, and SPC preferred
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and standard documentation. Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, co-workers, customers, vendors and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and reach above shoulders. The incumbent will regularly sit and move from place to place and will frequently talk and listen and use hands to finger, handle or touch. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee works in an office environment where the noise level is quiet. Often, the employee will be required to be on the production floor where the noise level is moderate. The employee may occasionally perform work related domestic and international travel. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The duties and requirements listed are representative of the scope of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Send resume to: email@example.com