HR Intern (Part-time)
The HR Intern provides administrative support to the human resource function in all disciplines: recruiting, benefits, employee relations, compensation, training & development, employee engagement, safety, payroll/HRIS, and compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
All employees at TLX work to satisfy the customer. Each department has expected core responsibilities, but these responsibilities do not define us. Rather, they simply provide a starting point where we work to satisfy the customer, continuously improve ourselves, others and the organization.
- Assists with recruitment and interview process including scheduling and participating in interviews, tracking status of candidates in HRIS and closing out candidates.
- Processes and monitors background checks and drug screens for new hires.
- Prepares new-employee files and completes new hire orientation.
- Administers benefit plans, including enrollments, changes, terminations and statement reconciliation.
- Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions escalating to HR Generalist as needed.
- Acts as training coordinator
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process.
- Assists with managing the HRIS data integrity and employee files organization.
- Assists with employee engagement events
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Pursing a bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Senior standing (preferred)
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and personnel policies and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, executives and other employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as overtime, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and statistics.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of governmental laws, insurance plans, and technical information furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The duties and requirements listed are representative of the scope of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive. The requirements of this position may change or I may be asked to perform other duties as required.