Under the direction of the President, the Engineering Manager directs and coordinates all engineering activities to meet customer specifications and to resolve engineering problems involved in the manufacturing of equipment.
TLX Technologies is a highly technical, globally minded engineering organization that focuses on solving application challenges and offering excellent solutions to our customers. We provide custom electromechanical solutions to customers in a variety of industries - automotive, off-highway, motorsports, & fire protection. While working with customers with many diverse applications, TLX Technologies focuses on industries that are forward-thinking and innovative.
All full-time employees are eligible for company sponsored benefits after completing the probationary period.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with generous company match
- Company paid Disability Insurance and Term Life coverage
- Paid Holidays and Time off
- Paid Funeral, Jury Duty and Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
TLX Technologies purposefully hires people with diverse backgrounds and skill sets to form a cohesive team working together to deliver the best solutions for our customers. Honesty, openness, and respect towards each other provides a culture where employees can learn and grow.
- We Make Time for Fun
A variety of company-sponsored events and downtime are scheduled throughout the year to give employees a chance to unwind and connect. We strongly believe that a proper work/life balance is essential to a healthy work environment.
- We Recognize and Reward
TLX employees are recognized for their hard work and contributions. Employees are encouraged to take ownership of their ideas – from design and process improvements to individual goals and community outreach.
- We Engage the Next Generation
We love opening our doors for school tours, college interns, and scholarship recipients. Interns expand their skills while tackling meaningful projects alongside our skilled employees. TLX also funds scholarships to encourage students pursuing careers in engineering or manufacturing.
- We Support Our Community
TLX actively supports the community that we work in. Through employee participation, item donation drives and financial contributions, TLX is able to give back to employee nominated charitable organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as deemed necessary from time to time by management.
- Develop, establish, and implement long-range and short-term strategies and operating policies to achieve established departmental goals and objectives.
- Plan, organize, and schedule the work of department personnel.
- Directly supervise the work force to ensure proper engineering principles and applications are followed and customer specifications are met.
- Communicate directly with customers to determine needs and applications relative to special installations and adaptations.
- Review staff designs and make recommendations to improve design, reduce cost, or increase production efficiency.
- Determine engineering hours and project cost to provide project estimates used in the development of quotes.
- Confer with management and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Develop and submit reports to the President as to status of projects, compliance to schedules, and budget maintenance.
- Manage the development of complex machine layouts and designs.
- Keep up to date of new developments in the field of engineering or product design.
- Follows policies and procedures according to the Quality Management System.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 5 years related experience
- Experience reading, analyzing, and interpreting professional journals, technical procedures, customer specifications, and blueprints.
- Experience writing reports and job specifications.
- Experience effectively presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, customers, and other employees in the organization.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, talk, and/or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 lbs.
The employee works in an office environment where the noise level is quiet. Often, the employee will be required to be on the production floor where the noise level is moderate. The employee may occasionally perform work related domestic and international travel.