Production Line Lead
Position Title: Production Line Lead
Location: Pewaukee, WI
Term of Employment: Regular
Type of Employment: Full Time / Hourly
Approximate hours per week: 40 (some overtime)
Work Hours: 7:30 – 4:00 (1st shift)
Start date of position: Immediate
Education: HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience level: Open
TLX Is seeking a strong technical Production Line Lead. Candidates would be responsible for our Flex Line which produces a variety of assemblies at low volume. This position is a mixture of physical and mental work. Candidates will participate in the production aspect of the assembly as well as continuous improvement identification. Candidates must be able to work in a rapidly changing environment in terms of deadlines and priorities.
TLX Technologies is a highly technical, globally-minded engineering organization that focuses on solving application challenges and offering excellent solutions to our customers. We currently provide custom electromechanical solutions to customers in a variety of industries. While working with customers with many diverse applications, TLX Technologies focuses on industries that are forward-thinking and innovative. Currently we are in development on programs for automotive, off-highway, motorsports, fire protection, & smart grid applications.
Working with a team of individuals (1-5 associates), under the supervision of the Production Supervisor, the Production Lead shall be responsible for the daily management of the assigned production area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
All employees at TLX work to satisfy the customer. Each department has expected core responsibilities, but these responsibilities do not define us. Rather, they simply provide a starting point where we work to satisfy the customer, continuously improve ourselves, others and the organization.
- Understand safety requirements and apply them to training associates, procedures/processes, and daily management of associates
- Understand quality requirements and apply them to training associates, procedures/processes, and daily management of associates
- Understand run-rate requirements and work to ensure that training of associates, procedures/processes, and daily management of associates align with the stated rates.
- Be main point of contact and proactively work with Mfg Engineering, Maintenance, Quality, Procurement, etc to satisfy stated run-rates
- Help create and maintain processes to identify and drive improvement activities in all areas (Mfg, Maintenance, Quality, Procurement, etc)
- Train (and maintain) associates under your responsibility and maintain the training logs and any associated documentation
- Be part of the build process as necessary
- Check schedule daily and understand a minimum of the 5-day demand (may be longer for different areas), and plan accordingly (human resources, inventory levels, etc)
- Understand and maintain stated productivity levels (labor hours required for desired rate) and react accordingly
- Ensure that all associates clock-in and –out of jobs correctly
- Support GEMBA walks
- Perform weekly 5S audits and associated actions
- Elevate issues that are not being addressed
- Consistent and timely use of accountability tools
- Follows policies and procedures according to TLX’s Quality Management System
- Portray TLX in a positive light
- All other duties as assigned
Production Lead I
- Applying a positive attitude to situations
- Having a high sense of urgency (ex. Quality issues, procurement, maintenance, etc) (you need to react quickly and communicate immediately)
- Responsible (demonstrate that others can trust you)
- Demonstrates that he/she can be part of a solution (both technical and behaviorally)
- Has sufficient technical knowledge to manage (set-up, make adjustments if required, troubleshoot before calling for support) stand-alone pieces of equipment.
Education and/or Experience
- High School degree or GHED
- Mechanical aptitude
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Some assembly experience required
All full time employees are eligible for company sponsored benefits after completing the probationary period. -Health, dental, and vision insurance are available to all regular full-time employees and their eligible family members. -401K -Disability Insurance -Paid Holidays and Personal Time -Group term life coverage -Funeral Leave and Jury Duty -Tuition Reimbursement
Special Notes/Instructions Pre-employment screening is required which includes but is not limited to background check, drug screen, and e-verify.