Production Supervisor (Second Shift)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
All employees at TLX work to satisfy the customer. Each department has expected core responsibilities, but these responsibilities do not define us. Rather, they simply provide a starting point where we work to satisfy the customer, continuously improve ourselves, others and the organization.
- Prioritize, schedule, and delegate work assignments, and directly supervise the systems integration and test functions to ensure the production of company products at the highest quality at the lowest possible cost, meeting company performance standards, and customer specification and delivery requirements, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Plan production schedules, review component parts, and sub-assembly availability against build schedule.
- Review parts shortages with purchasing, and adjust schedules as necessary.
- Ensure the training of new and present employees in the processes and methods required to achieve the company’s standards for quality, quantity, safety, and ISO9001.
- Participate in planning meetings, recommending space, personnel, and equipment requirements.
- Ensure adherence to ISO 9001 procedures and requirements, participate in ISO planning sessions.
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance procedures and plan the repair of machines and equipment to minimize downtime.
- Develop, recommend, and implement departmental policies and procedures, processes, and methods.
- Continually evaluate processes and methods, recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment, performance, utilization of people, and quality of product.
- Act as a technical resource to address and resolve inquiries and problems; analyze and resolve work problems, and assist workers in solving work problems.
- Maintain departmental supplies, tools, equipment, and order as necessary.
- Ensure the completion of all required production paperwork, records, documentation, such as time cards, quality records, etc.
- Approve vacation schedules to not conflict with required production, plan production accordingly
- Ensure compliance with departmental housekeeping standards and all safety and work rules and regulations.
- Follows policies and procedures according to TLX’s Quality Management System
- Portray TLX in a positive light
- All other duties as assigned
- Leading by example in attitude, words and actions
- Having a high sense of urgency, react quickly and communicate immediately
- Proactive on tasks (looking for solutions and not waiting, constantly pushing forward)
- Responsible (demonstrate others can trust you)
- Strong verbal and written skills, in both a technical and non-technical environment
- Higher level of drive to ensure the success of more complex/integrated equipment
- Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Ability to keep calm under pressure, know when to escalate and communicate
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Team builder-motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job
- Has sufficient technical knowledge to manage (set-up, make adjustments if required, troubleshoot before calling for support) integrated systems (robots and/or complex machines)
- General understanding of the business
- Consider relative costs and benefits of potential actions and to choose the most appropriate one
Education and/or Experience
- High School degree or GHED
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel as a user
- Assembly knowledge required, experience preferred
- Some Integrated Systems experience preferred
- Experience in LEAN and Six Sigma principals preferred
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and standard documentation. Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, co-workers, customers, vendors and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and reach above shoulders. The incumbent will regularly sit and move from place to place, and will frequently talk and listen and use hands to finger, handle or touch. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee works in a production environment where the noise level is moderate. Often times, the employee will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment such as safety glasses, gloves, and/or hearing protection.
Benefits All full time employees are eligible for company sponsored benefits after completing the probationary period. -Health, dental, and vision insurance are available to all regular full-time employees and their eligible family members. -401K -Disability Insurance -Paid Holidays and Personal Time -Group term life coverage -Funeral Leave and Jury Duty -Tuition Reimbursement
Special Notes/Instructions Pre-employment screening is required which includes but is not limited to background check, drug screen, and e-verify.