A Challenge to Durable Solenoid Design
TLX was approached with an application that called for a solenoid valve to operate while completely submerged in the hot automatic transmission fluid of an all-terrain vehicle...Easy right? Well, our engineers were up for the challenge.
TLX is proud of the durability of our components and sometimes it seems like customers just want to test this pride....challenge accepted. We were approached with an application that called for a solenoid valve to operate while completely submerged in the hot, harsh automatic transmission fluid of an all-terrain vehicle (easy, right?).
The TLX Solution
Our engineers rose to the challenge and designed a component that would not only operate in this environment, but also met low-leakage requirements and operated over a variety of pressure ranges. Furthermore, TLX adapted a test stand to preheat transmission fluid, so that the solenoid valves could be tested to the customer's specific requirements.
Three-Way Proportional Pressure Reducing-Relieving Valve
- Supply voltage
- 10-14 VDC
- Control current signal
- 0-1.5 amp
- Coil resistance at 20°C
- 5.7 ± .05 Ω
- Supply pressure
- 175 ± 1.24 bar (175 ± 18 psi)
- Flow rate @ 12.06 bar (175 psi)
- >1.0 in 3 sec
- Max operating temperature
- 93°C fluid temperature
- Flow rate (inlet to control)
- .75 gpm @ 12.06 bar (175 psi)
- Fluid type
- Automatic transmission fluid
All TLX components are customized to fit system requirements, meaning technical specifications are unique to each customer and design. Examples given on our website are for illustration purposes only.
Working with TLX
- Experienced partner of industry leaders, first-tier suppliers, and OEMs
- Direct access to our design and engineering team
- Localized production in USA and China
- Dependable single-source solution from design to delivery