TLX Technologies is seeking a Quality Inspector for our 1st shift team in our clean, climate-controlled manufacturing environment.
TLX Technologies is a family-friendly, team-oriented organization that focuses on work/life balance. We purposefully hire people with diverse backgrounds and skill sets to form a cohesive team, working together to deliver the best solutions for our customers. Honesty, openness, and respect towards each other provides a culture where employees can learn and grow.
Our management team is engaged in all activities. Everyone in the organization is willing to roll up our sleeves to get things done.
We provide custom engineered solutions to solve our customer’s unique challenges in a large variety of industries including motorsports, automotive, fire protection, as well as other diverse industries and unique applications. TLX Technologies focuses on industries that are forward-thinking and innovative.
We Make Time for Fun
A variety of company-sponsored events and downtime are scheduled throughout the year to give employees a chance to unwind and connect. We strongly believe that a proper work/life balance is essential to a healthy work environment. Visit our website at https://www.tlxtech.com/about/community to see how we work hard and play hard for the betterment of others.
We Recognize and Reward
TLX employees are recognized for their hard work and contributions. Employees are encouraged to take ownership of their ideas – from design and process improvements to individual goals and community outreach.
We Engage the Next Generation
We love opening our doors for school tours, college interns, and scholarship recipients. Interns expand their skills while tackling meaningful projects alongside our skilled employees. TLX also funds scholarships to encourage students pursuing careers in manufacturing or engineering.
We Support Our Community
TLX actively supports the community that we work in. Through employee participation, item donation drives and financial contributions, TLX is able to give back to employee nominated charitable organizations.
As a full-time employee you are eligible for company-sponsored benefits after completing the probationary period.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(K) with company match
- Company paid Disability Insurance and Term Life coverage
- Paid Holidays and Time off
- Paid Funeral, Jury Duty and Parental leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
Under the supervision of the Quality Manager, the Quality Inspector is responsible for ensuring units produced, processes established, and materials received adhere to an established quality standard. The Quality Inspector is responsible for additional duties as related to quality support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
All employees at TLX work to satisfy the customer. Each department has expected core responsibilities, but these responsibilities do not define us. Rather, they simply provide a starting point where we work to satisfy the customer, continuously improve ourselves, others and the organization.
- Performs inspections of components and products to determine conformance with specifications both at the facility of TLX Technologies, LLC as well as other facilities.
- Utilizes standard mechanical and electrical instruments, functional gages, and other testing equipment. This may include, but is not limited to calipers, micrometers, drop gages, and go/no go gages.
- Processes associated documentation and nonconforming material documents with high level of accuracy and thoroughness in a technical capacity in accordance to the TLX Quality Management System.
- Rejects defective parts and identifies said defect in accordance with the TLX Quality Management System.
- Assist with the Material Review Board (MRB) process for nonconforming part disposition by providing objective evidence to support rejection data
- Move materials, components, and finished goods in trays, boxes, or on pallets around the facility.
- Follows policies and procedures according to TLX’s Quality Management System
- Communicate effectively with management, operators, process technicians and other inspectors about quality related concerns required.
- Any other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as purchase orders, requisitions, quotations, and various other related documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively to vendors and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Must have a valid driver’s license with clean driving record. Knowledge of FedEx and UPS shipping systems is preferred. Ability to read blueprints preferred but will train.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach above shoulders; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts while on the production floor. The noise level is moderate on the production floor and low in the office area. The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.