Production Line Lead (2nd Shift)
Do you want to take your assembly skills to the next level? Do you want to inspire others to overcome obstacles and create results? Do others view you as a leader?
TLX Technologies is seeking a strong technical working Production Lead. Under the direction of the Production Supervisor, ensures the production of company products at the highest quality at the lowest possible cost, meeting company performance standards and customer specifications and delivery requirements, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
2 Positions Available: 1st shift: 5:45am-2:15pm & 2nd shift 2:30pm-11:00pm
TLX Technologies is a highly technical, globally minded engineering organization that focuses on solving application challenges and offering excellent solutions to our customers. We provide custom electromechanical solutions to customers in a variety of industries - automotive, off-highway, motorsports, & fire protection. While working with customers with many diverse applications, TLX Technologies focuses on industries that are forward-thinking and innovative.
All full-time employees are eligible for company sponsored benefits after completing the probationary period.
- Health, dental, and vision
- 401K with generous company match
- Company paid Disability Insurance and Term Life coverage
- Paid Holidays and Time off
- Paid Funeral, Jury Duty and Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
TLX Technologies purposefully hires people with diverse backgrounds and skill sets to form a cohesive team working together to deliver the best solutions for our customers. Honesty, openness, and respect towards each other provides a culture where employees can learn and grow.
- We Make Time for Fun
A variety of company-sponsored events and downtime are scheduled throughout the year to give employees a chance to unwind and connect. We strongly believe that a proper work/life balance is essential to a healthy work environment.
- We Recognize and Reward
TLX employees are recognized for their hard work and contributions. Employees are encouraged to take ownership of their ideas – from design and process improvements to individual goals and community outreach.
- We Engage the Next Generation
We love opening our doors for school tours, college interns, and scholarship recipients. Interns expand their skills while tackling meaningful projects alongside our skilled employees. TLX also funds scholarships to encourage students pursuing careers in engineering or manufacturing.
- We Support Our Community
TLX actively supports the community that we work in. Through employee participation, item donation drives and financial contributions, TLX is able to give back to employee nominated charitable organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
All employees at TLX work to satisfy the customer. Each department has expected core responsibilities, but these responsibilities do not define us. Rather, they simply provide a starting point where we work to satisfy the customer, continuously improve ourselves, others and the organization.
- Prioritize, schedule, and delegate work assignments, and directly supervise the systems integration and test functions.
- Plan production schedules, review component parts, and sub-assembly availability against build schedule.
- Review parts shortages with Purchasing and adjust schedules as necessary.
- Ensure the training and ensure adherence of new and present employees in the processes and methods required to achieve the company’s standards for quality, quantity, safety, and ISO9001.
- Participate in planning meetings, recommending space, personnel, and equipment requirements.
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance procedures and plan the repair of machines and equipment to minimize downtime.
- Continually evaluate processes and methods, recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment, performance, utilization of people, and quality of product.
- Act as a resource to address and resolve work inquiries and problems
- Maintain departmental supplies, tools, equipment, and order as necessary.
- Ensure the completion of all required production paperwork, records, documentation, such as timecards, quality records, etc.
- This position is a working Production Lead. This role follows blueprints, travelers, work instructions, specifications and other instructions in order to build and assemble part in an accurate and timely fashion.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School degree or GED
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Assembly knowledge required; experience preferred
- Some Integrated Systems experience preferred
- Experience in LEAN and Six Sigma principals preferred
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and standard documentation. Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, co-workers, customers, vendors and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and reach above shoulders. The incumbent will regularly sit and move from place to place and will frequently talk and listen and use hands to finger, handle or touch. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee works in a production environment where the noise level is moderate. Often, the employee will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment such as safety glasses, gloves, and/or hearing protection.