Laravel Developer (Contract/Temporary)
Working with a cross-functional team, the Laravel Developer will design and create projects using Laravel framework and PHP that will assist the team in delivering tools to build web applications for TLX Technologies, LLC.
To help ensure success, the Laravel Developer will need to be adept at utilizing the Laravel framework and be fluent in PHP application design from start to finish. The Laravel developer will be familiar with application design models to be able to collect requirements to independently build a complete production site in a short timeframe.
Location: On-site (N27 W23727 Paul Rd, Pewaukee, WI 53072)
Employee Type: Open to 1099 or hiring as a temporary/seasonal employee of TLX Technologies.
Project hours: 240-320 hours over 8-16 weeks
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
All employees at TLX work to satisfy the customer. Each department has expected core responsibilities, but these responsibilities do not define us. Rather, they simply provide a starting point where we work to satisfy the customer, continuously improve ourselves, others and the organization.
- Discuss project goals (design scope) and develop a project plan with the interested parties.
- Design, build, and modify web applications using Laravel from start to finish.
- Troubleshoot issues in the implementation and debug builds.
- Test functionality for users and the backend.
- Ensure that integrations run smoothly.
- Scale project based on feedback.
- Develop project documentation including data dictionary and entity relationship diagrams.
- Record and report on work done in Laravel.
- Maintain web-based applications.
- Present work in meetings with internal team and management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Laravel Developer Requirements:
- At least 2 years’ experience working with PHP including performing unit testing.
- Experience working with version control systems like git.
- A solid understanding of application design using Laravel.
- Practical experience using the MVC architecture.
- A portfolio of applications and programs to your name.
- Problem-solving skills and critical mindset.
- Great communication skills
- The desire and ability to learn.
Preferred to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Programming or related field
- Agile development experience
- Experience building test models within code development.
- Base knowledge of LAMP infrastructure
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.