Engineering Project Manager
Under the direction of the Engineering Manager, the Engineering Project Manager is responsible for leading product, manufacturing, or application engineering programs, as required. This includes, but is not limited to, schedule creation & compliance, resource management, customer interface as primary point of contact, program & part margin control.
TLX Technologies is a highly technical, globally minded engineering organization that focuses on solving application challenges and offering excellent solutions to our customers. We provide custom electromechanical solutions to customers in a variety of industries - automotive, off-highway, motorsports, & fire protection. While working with customers with many diverse applications, TLX Technologies focuses on industries that are forward-thinking and innovative.
All full-time employees are eligible for company sponsored benefits after completing the probationary period.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with generous company match
- Company paid Disability Insurance and Term Life coverage
- Paid Holidays and Time off
- Paid Funeral, Jury Duty and Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
TLX Technologies purposefully hires people with diverse backgrounds and skill sets to form a cohesive team working together to deliver the best solutions for our customers. Honesty, openness, and respect towards each other provides a culture where employees can learn and grow.
- We Make Time for Fun
A variety of company-sponsored events and downtime are scheduled throughout the year to give employees a chance to unwind and connect. We strongly believe that a proper work/life balance is essential to a healthy work environment.
- We Recognize and Reward
TLX employees are recognized for their hard work and contributions. Employees are encouraged to take ownership of their ideas – from design and process improvements to individual goals and community outreach.
- We Engage the Next Generation
We love opening our doors for school tours, college interns, and scholarship recipients. Interns expand their skills while tackling meaningful projects alongside our skilled employees. TLX also funds scholarships to encourage students pursuing careers in engineering or manufacturing.
- We Support Our Community
TLX actively supports the community that we work in. Through employee participation, item donation drives and financial contributions, TLX is able to give back to employee nominated charitable organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
All employees at TLX work to satisfy the customer. Each department has expected core responsibilities, but these responsibilities do not define us. Rather, they simply provide a starting point where we work to satisfy the customer, continuously improve ourselves, others and the organization.
- Creates and manages program schedule and resource plan in accordance with the program requirements.
- Responsible for product and program margins.
- Primary point of contact to customer.
- Responsible for understanding and enforcing customer commercial T&C’s.
- Responsible for enforcing product scope of work.
- Create, maintain and enforce program risks.
- Responsible for utilizing TLX processes. This includes, but is not limited to; Phase/Gate, program reporting, ECO, etc.
- Support sales staff as needed.
- Interface with other departments within TLX, as well as external customers and suppliers.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or similar field
- 3 years related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including strong working knowledge of Excel
- Good verbal and written skills, in both a technical and non-technical environment
- Experience in Root Cause analysis activities: FMEA’s, Flows, Control Plans, and other Quality activities.
- Experience with DFMEA, PFMEA, DOE and other AIAG procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge of Solid Works or other 3D Modeling software
- Working knowledge of Phase/Gate Process, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, and SPC
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and reach above shoulders. The incumbent will regularly sit and move from place to place and will frequently talk and listen and use hands to finger, handle, or touch. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee works in an office environment where the noise level is quiet. Often, the employee will be required to be on the production floor where the noise level is moderate. The employee may occasionally perform work related domestic and international travel.