Supplier Quality Engineer
TLX Technologies is a highly technical, globally-minded engineering organization that focuses on solving application challenges and offering excellent solutions to our customers. We provide custom electromechanical solutions to customers in a variety of industries - automotive, off-highway, motorsports, & fire protection. While working with customers with many diverse applications, TLX Technologies focuses on industries that are forward-thinking and innovative.
All full-time employees are eligible for company sponsored benefits after completing the probationary period.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401K with company match
- Company paid Disability Insurance and Term Life coverage
- Paid Holidays and Time off
- Paid Funeral, Jury Duty and Parental leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
Under the direction of the Quality Manager, the Supplier Quality Engineer functions as a technical liaison between quality, supply chain, manufacturing, engineering and suppliers to ensure quality standards are met and maintained.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
All employees at TLX work to satisfy the customer. Each department has expected core responsibilities, but these responsibilities do not define us. Rather, they simply provide a starting point where we work to satisfy the customer, continuously improve ourselves, others and the organization.
- Work with Supply Chain to approve new suppliers
- Qualify parts for production approval
- Work with Supply Chain to analyze supplier change requests and communicate proposed changes to Engineering
- Verify effectiveness of supplier related Engineering change requests
- Review and process supplier Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Understand supplier auditing and perform associated audits and required reporting
- Investigate reported product problems, complaints and repair activity related to supplier quality
- Collaborate with suppliers to perform root-cause analysis and take appropriate corrective action
- Manage and track supplier corrective action requests (SCAR) to ensure action is taken in a timely manner
- Process supplier related scrap
- Inspect and test product to determine conformity
- Support production issues when needed
- Follow policies and procedures according to TLX’s Quality Management System
- Proactive on tasks (looking for solutions and not waiting, constantly pushing forward)
- Responsible (demonstrate that others can trust you)
- Demonstrates that he/she can be part of a solution (both technical and behaviorally)
- Good verbal and written skills, in both a technical and non-technical environment
- Ability to communicate up and down the organization including explain technical specifics to peers and customers
- Ability to translate engineering requirements to vendors/suppliers
- High attention to detail and willingness to challenge vendor feedback
- Flexible team player who is organized, dependable, and proactive
- Ability to support customer and supplier meetings and work directly with customers, suppliers, and production on quality related tasks.
- Clear understanding and participation in Root Cause analysis activities, FMEA’s, Flows, Control Plans, and other Quality activities.
- Understanding of Cost of Goods (COGS) and how quality impacts the material costs and the manufacturing (labor) costs.
- Identifies design constraints and works with internal and external resources to resolve the constraints
- Understands and utilizes all applicable TLX process and procedures.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree (BS) in an Engineering or related field and 3 years related experience
- Firm understanding of ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 (preferred) and operates under said systems.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite of products with a strong working knowledge of Excel
- Understands and utilizes Six Sigma principles to identify, participate, and lead activities
- Machining knowledge
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and standard documentation. Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, co-workers, customers, vendors and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is occasionally required to lift 35 pounds, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and reach above shoulders. The incumbent will regularly sit and move from place to place and will frequently talk and listen and use hands to finger, handle or touch. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee works in an office and production environment where the noise level can vary. Often, the employee will be required to be on the production floor 50% of the time where the noise level is moderate. The employee may occasionally perform work related domestic and international travel.
Standard working hours is 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM from Monday to Friday. Additional hours may be required depending on business needs.