Essential Duties and Responsibilities
All employees at TLX work to satisfy the customer. Each department has expected core responsibilities, but these responsibilities do not define us. Rather, they simply provide a starting point where we work to satisfy the customer, continuously improve ourselves, others and the organization.
- Install, repair, rebuild, and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment used in production and related services.
- Diagnose machine malfunctions and operating difficulties.
- Perform routine maintenance and trouble shoot robotics.
- Make repairs or adjustments to keep equipment in production.
- Rebuild machines and overhaul troublesome components and attachments to involve dismantling, inspection, machining or replacement of purchased parts.
- Perform various activities relative to the installation and relocation of existing machines and equipment to involve dismantling, erection, leveling, fitting and aligning operations.
- Perform maintenance on the buildings, facilities, and the grounds.
- Design and or build fixtures with or without engineering specifications.
- Prototyping / fabrication / modification of materials.
- Assist to determine the nature and scope of forthcoming projects and the requirements for completion.
- Work with outside vendors to perform preventive maintenance on heating, ventilating, and air conditioning units.
- Maintain required maintenance logs and files.
- Perform routine housekeeping activities in the department and ensure adherence to established safety procedures and requirements.
- Follows policies and procedures according to Company’s Quality Management System.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requires the use of steel toed shoes and safety glasses as well as other PPE as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Requires a broad knowledge of mechanical repair and maintenance as may be acquired in a three years formalized program including blueprint reading and interpretation plus up to three years extensive experience in a variety of maintenance trades. Machining experience particularly with a lathe, drill press, and band saw.
Able to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Able to write standard documentation. Able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Able to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software. Frequent use of computer and handheld devices required.
Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Requires the ability to operate various tools and equipment to include various hand and power tools, metal fabrication equipment, welding equipment, plumbing equipment, and various measuring equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; reach above shoulders; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, and occasionally loud.