Peak and Hold Control Module
The peak and hold control module allows any-size solenoid to operate at a higher force without overheating the coil.
Designed for continuous duty applications, this module allows a solenoid to operate at a higher force without overheating the coil. When power is applied, the module applies the full input voltage to the solenoid coil. After actuation, the module reduces its output voltage to approximately 15% of the input voltage. This reduced voltage level is applied to the coil for continuous operation without overheating.
Features and Benefits
- Allows for pulse duty forces without overheating during continuous duty usage
- Enables use of a smaller solenoid for higher force applications
- Accepts 2-wire switched input (12V or 24V) and applies this input to the solenoid
- No need to disconnect the high current pull-in coil after the solenoid has pulled in
- Maintains contact integrity in harsh environments
- Stainless steel terminal screws standard and tin plated brass terminals
- Can be customized based on application requirements
Is our Peak and Hold Control Module the right fit for your application?
TLX Technologies partners with the world’s top brands, first-tier suppliers, and OEMs. Contact our engineers today to discuss the details of your project.
Our engineers begin by designing with 3D CAD and performing electromagnetic and fluid dynamic analysis with state-of-the-art finite element analysis software. Every design is engineered and tested in our lab to meet our customers’ specifications.
Precise control with high accuracy through tighter tolerances. Reducing friction and inefficiencies provides extremely low hysteresis.
Multiple variables in the design and manufacturing process are optimized to reduce overall weight and size of the solenoid or valve.
Custom solenoids can be designed to utilize the best control scheme for your application, resulting in a minimized footprint.
Limited Power Consumption
Latching technology in solenoid and valve design minimizes overall power consumption.
Can be designed to meet extreme environments that include moisture, dirt/dust, vibration and/or extreme temperature requirements.
Failsafe modes are designed into solenoids and valves utilizing integrated electronic controls.
Are you designing the technology of tomorrow?
Start your conversation with a TLX engineer today.