As part of our endeavor to provide our customers with comprehensive electromagnetic solutions, TLX has recently developed a new product offering: the peak and hold control module. This module was designed to enable any-size solenoid to operate at the pulse duty power rating (a higher force) in continuous duty applications without overheating the coil. The peak and hold control module is most suited for applications that require a high force capacity in a smaller package size.
When power is applied, the module applies the full input voltage to the solenoid coil. After the actuation time (approximately .5 sec). the module reduces its output voltage to approximately 15% of the input voltage. This reduced voltage level is applied to the coil for continuous operation without overheating.
- Designed to accept 2-wire switched input (12V or 24V) and applies this input to the solenoid
- Comes with stainless steel terminal screws standard and tin plated brass terminals
- Designed to allow for pulse duty forces without overheating during continuous duty usage
- No need to disconnect the "high current pull-in coil" after the solenoid has pulled in
- Does not require an additional contact for 24V applications
- Can be used as a replacement for older relay style modules if wiring connections are the same
- Built to maintain contact integrity in harsh environments
- Compatible with any solenoid
- Cost effective
- Can be customized based on application requirements