TLX Technologies is seeking an organized and detailed oriented Marketing Assistant with strong communication skills. Under the direction of the Director of Marketing, assists with projects and activities for marketing products or services.
TLX Technologies is a highly technical, globally minded engineering organization that focuses on solving application challenges and offering excellent solutions to our customers. We provide custom electromechanical solutions to customers in a variety of industries - automotive, off-highway, motorsports, & fire protection. While working with customers with many diverse applications, TLX Technologies focuses on industries that are forward-thinking and innovative.
TLX Technologies purposefully hires people with diverse backgrounds and skill sets to form a cohesive team working together to deliver the best solutions for our customers. Honesty, openness, and respect towards each other provides a culture where employees can learn and grow.
- We Make Time for Fun
A variety of company-sponsored events and downtime are scheduled throughout the year to give employees a chance to unwind and connect. We strongly believe that a proper work/life balance is essential to a healthy work environment.
- We Recognize and Reward
TLX employees are recognized for their hard work and contributions. Employees are encouraged to take ownership of their ideas – from design and process improvements to individual goals and community outreach.
- We Engage the Next Generation
We love opening our doors for school tours, college interns, and scholarship recipients. Interns expand their skills while tackling meaningful projects alongside our skilled employees. TLX also funds scholarships to encourage students pursuing careers in engineering or manufacturing.
- We Support Our Community
TLX actively supports the community that we work in. Through employee participation, item donation drives and financial contributions, TLX is able to give back to employee nominated charitable organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
All employees at TLX work to satisfy the customer. Each department has expected core responsibilities, but these responsibilities do not define us. Rather, they simply provide a starting point where we work to satisfy the customer, continuously improve ourselves, others, and the organization.
- Assists in executing internal and external marketing strategies and objectives.
- Maintains marketing databases including catalogs and/or sell sheets, and customer/prospect files.
- Coordinates various marketing fulfillment duties and systems including direct mail, packages, letters, catalogs, and other sales literature.
- Assists with correspondence, direct mail, advertising, and document editing and proofreading.
- Assists in implementing public relations programs, online events, and trade shows.
- Participates in new market research and design.
- Conducts customer surveys to obtain marketing information about organization products and services.
- Backup to Customer Service Representative Role (addressing and resolving customer inquiries and problems, processing orders, preparing service orders, tracking quotes, resolving billing issues)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree and 1-year related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel.
- Strong listening skills, verbal communication, and professional writing style.
- Well organized, detail oriented and solid follow through skills.
- Being able to respond quickly to changing priorities (adaptability).
- Travel: <5%
- Working knowledge of ERP system
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and reach above shoulders. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee works in an office environment where the noise level is moderate. Occasionally, the employee will be required to be out on the production floor where the noise level is moderate. The employee may perform work related to domestic travel.
All full-time employees are eligible for company sponsored benefits after completing the probationary period.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with generous company match
- Company paid Disability Insurance and Term Life coverage
- Paid Holidays and Time off
- Paid Funeral, Jury Duty and Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement