Position Title: Quality Technician
Location: Pewaukee, WI
Term of Employment: Regular
Type of Employment: Full Time / Hourly
Approximate hours per week: 40
Work Hours: 7:30am-4:00pm (1st shift)
Start date of position: Immediate
Education: HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience level: 3 years+
Under the supervision of the Quality Manager, the Quantity Technician is responsible for ensuring units produced, processes established, and materials received adhere to an established quality standard.
TLX Technologies is a highly technical, globally-minded engineering organization that focuses on solving application challenges and offering excellent solutions to our customers. We provide custom electromechanical solutions to customers in a variety of industries - automotive, off-highway, motorsports, & fire protection. While working with customers with many diverse applications, TLX Technologies focuses on industries that are forward-thinking and innovative.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
All employees at TLX work to satisfy the customer. Each department has expected core responsibilities, but these responsibilities do not define us. Rather, they simply provide a starting point where we work to satisfy the customer, continuously improve ourselves, others and the organization.
- Performs inspections of components and products to determine conformance with specifications
- Establishes and monitors testing procedures and processes to ensure tests performed are done according to item specifications, protocols and standard test methods
- Interpret test results and compare them to the specifications and control limits in place while providing recommendations on the appropriateness of data
- Processes associated documentation and nonconforming material documents with high level of accuracy and thoroughness in a technical capacity
- Assists with the Material Review Board (MRB) process for nonconforming part disposition by providing objective evidence to support rejection data
- Assess analytical and testing methods and procedures in order to determine how they can be improved in the future
- Understands and updates Process Flow Diagrams, Potential Failure Mode and Effects Analysis and Process Control Plans
- Understands, identifies and participates in Six Sigma principle activities
- Communicates effectively with management, operators, process technicians and other inspectors about quality related concerns
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School degree or GED
- 3 years related experience
- Blueprint reading
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
- Touch Probe or CMM Inspection
- Proficient MS Office experience including Excel
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- Understanding of ISO9000
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and reach above shoulders. The incumbent will regularly sit and move from place to place, and will frequently talk and listen and use hands to finger, handle or touch. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts while on the production floor. The noise level is moderate on the production floor and low in the office area. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
All full-time employees are eligible for company sponsored benefits after completing the probationary period.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401K with company match
- Company paid Disability Insurance and Term Life coverage
- Paid Holidays and Time off
- Paid Funeral, Jury Duty and Parental leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
Apply Here: Quality Technician Application