Under the direction of the CFO, the Accountant II performs general accounting duties in accordance with prescribed procedures and accounting practices.
TLX Technologies is a highly technical, globally-minded engineering organization that focuses on solving application challenges and offering excellent solutions to our customers. We provide custom electromechanical solutions to customers in a variety of industries - automotive, off-highway, motorsports, & fire protection. While working with customers with many diverse applications, TLX Technologies focuses on industries that are forward-thinking and innovative.
- All full-time employees are eligible for company sponsored benefits after completing the probationary period.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with generous company match
- Company paid Disability Insurance and Term Life coverage
- Paid Holidays and Time off
- Paid Funeral, Jury Duty and Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
TLX Technologies purposefully hires people with diverse backgrounds and skill sets to form a cohesive team working together to deliver the best solutions for our customers. Honesty, openness, and respect towards each other provides a culture where employees can learn and grow.
We Support Our Community
TLX actively supports the community that we work in. Through employee participation, item donation drives and financial contributions, TLX is able to give back to employee nominated charitable organizations.
We Make Time for Fun
A variety of company-sponsored events and downtime are scheduled throughout the year to give employees a chance to unwind and connect. We strongly believe that a proper work/life balance is essential to a healthy work environment.
We Recognize and Reward
TLX employees are recognized for their hard work and contributions. Employees are encouraged to take ownership of their ideas – from design and process improvements to individual goals and community outreach.
We Engage the Next Generation
We love opening our doors for school tours, college interns, and scholarship recipients. Interns expand their skills while tackling meaningful projects alongside our skilled employees. TLX also funds scholarships to encourage students pursuing careers in engineering or manufacturing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
All employees at TLX work to satisfy the customer. Each department has expected core responsibilities, but these responsibilities do not define us. Rather, they simply provide a starting point where we work to satisfy the customer, continuously improve ourselves, others and the organization.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Responsible for cost accounting functions such as daily component inventory to finished goods transfers, analyzing production costs and related cost variants based on pre-developed job costing reports, report standard costs for material and labor (COGS), and reconcile inventory in terms of component inventory, WIP and, Finished Goods stock monthly.
- Maintain account receivables system; invoice customers; compile and sort incoming checks; input cash received and prepare bank deposit.
- Maintain account payables system; verify invoices to purchase orders and receiving documents; resolve discrepancies; request checks to pay invoices.
- Prepare check run.
- Process various accounting related reports required by management or government agencies.
- Reconciles all petty cash accounts.
- Reconciles and enters credit card statements.
- Complete journal entries as required.
- Assist with other accounting functions such as taxes, monthly and yearly financial reports as needed.
- File and maintain clerical records and reports.
- Follow all housekeeping procedures.
- Comply with all quality, safety and sanitation regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Requires a minimum associates degree in an accounting related field and five years of related experience. Proficiency in spreadsheet processing. Requires a solid understanding of business acumen. Experience in 10-key data entry. Manufacturing industry experience preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as invoices, bank deposit slips, procedure manuals and various other documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively to customers or employees of the organization in a professional manner.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete and abstract variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, usually waist high, up to 50 feet away. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Do you possess the following skills that will make you excel in this role?
- Thrive in an autonomous environment including taking ownership of work, problem solving, communication and seeking resolutions
- Have a high sense of urgency to be able to react quickly and communicate immediately
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems; then drive to completion
- Possess strong verbal and written skills, in both a technical and non-technical environment
- Keep calm under pressure, know when to escalate and communicate