Latching Solenoids can hold in any of up to three positions without the constant application of an electrical current. This ability to hold in position without the use of power makes latching solenoids ideal for applications requiring low power consumption or battery operation.
Using our distinctive magnetic solenoid features, TLX Technologies provides customers with a design that offers a competitive edge in their products. This technology allows custom solenoids engineered and manufactured by TLX to have equivalent forces while often fitting into smaller packages.
Patented solenoid features allow for:
- Higher latching forces in the same package size or,
- Reduced solenoid size up to 25% vs. competitive designs for same force
- Ideal for applications requiring low power consumption or battery operation
- Easily adaptable to latching valve applications
- Strokes of .010” to .100” are typical, although strokes up to an inch are possible
- Response times down to 1-2 milliseconds depending upon force and stroke
Latching Solenoids can be used in a wide variety of applications for various markets. Below are case studies that highlight some of the solutions that TLX has developed and the technology behind them.