Continuous duty solenoids are used in applications requiring the constant application of power to move and/or hold in set positions. This constant application of power causes the coil in the solenoid to heat up limiting the force for a given size. Standard continuous duty solenoid designs can compensate for this decrease in force by either increasing the size of the solenoid or providing for a higher coil temperature rise if the application will allow it.
Through our distinctive solenoid magnetic structure, TLX Technologies provides increased pull force for a given stroke compared to existing standard continuous duty solenoids. This technology allows custom solenoids engineered and manufactured by TLX to have equivalent forces while often fitting into smaller packages.
Patented solenoid features allow for:
- Higher forces in the same package size or,
- Reduced solenoid size up to 25% vs. competitive designs for same force
- Strokes of .010” to .100” are typical, although strokes up to an inch are possible
- Response times down to less than 1 millisecond depending upon force and stroke
- Can be applied to work solenoids as well as valve applications